Sunday, December 26, 2010

Snow

A light snow is falling outside bringing with it sweet serenity. Peacefulness that only God can give. It's fantastic. Reagan's first Christmas was, for lack of a better word, wonderful. She was surrounded by her family. All the ones who love her most, minus one special person who is on a Navy base (we love you Nathanael). That was the only missing link. There were toys, clothes, special surprises, food, and lots of love to go around. Her favorite toy came from Nana Lynn...a piece of tissue paper! She played with it forever! Every time someone tore a piece of wrapping paper, Reagan laughed. It was such a blessing. The simple things.

I adore having my family in my home. So much, I was sad to see the day winding down. One by one, my loved ones got in their cars to head home. And my heart broke a little with each one. I wanted it to last forever. I remember my Grandma standing on the front porch (or at the door if it was cold out) and watching until her loved ones were too far away to see anymore. It broke her heart. She hated the silent stillness that followed a family event. I understand that completely. I feel the same way. We are so blessed to have so many people in our lives who love us. There are so many out there who have no one. It shouldn't be that way. Everyone should have someone to love.

Tim gave Reagan a bite of key lime pie. She loved it! She smacked her lips and her eyes lit up. You can always tell when she loves a new flavor. It's as if she's found Heaven on Earth. So sweet. She gets so excited. I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment