Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Simple Blessings


Today a sweet little baby across the country is having a life changing day. Scarlett (her parents call her butterfly) is having a massive brain tumor removed today. When I read Scarlett's story, I'm overwhelmed with the thoughts of everything I'm thankful for. I'm thankful that we have a God who loves us. I'm thankful that my daughter is alive and doing well. I sometimes think our situation is simply horrible. Then I remember that there are others out there who have it much worse.

Scarlett's parents turned her over today for a 16 hour surgery. My heart aches for them. I can't imagine having to hand my child to a surgeon for the next 16 hours. To hand my child over for brain surgery. God bless them. Be with them, Lord. They need you so much.

So for today I will count my simple blessings and pray for such blessings for another family. For today I will savor the moments I have with my child. For today I wear red. In support of Scarlett.

No comments:

Post a Comment